The “KitchenAid Mini Market” Contest CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
*See full rules for updated prize periods
- CONTEST PERIOD: The KitchenAid Mini Market Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Whirlpool Canada LP (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 5:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 15, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 26, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win, a person (“Entrant”) must, at time of entry, (i) be a legal resident of Canada, excluding Quebec, who is eighteen (18) year of age or older; (ii) not be an employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor or the independent contest organization (together the “Contest Parties”), or any of their affiliated and related companies and, if applicable, their respective advertising or Contest agencies, or a member of the immediate families of, or a person domiciled with, any of the above. In these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
- MINI MARKET DATES AND TIMES:.
|DATE||OPENING TIME||CLOSING TIME|
|June 15, 2016||5:00 PM ET||8:30 PM ET|
|June 16, 2016||12:00 PM ET||8:00 PM ET|
|June 17, 2016||12:00 PM ET||8:00 PM ET|
|June 18, 2016||12:00 PM ET||6:00 PM ET|
|June 19, 2016||12:00 PM ET||6:00 PM ET|
|June 23, 2016||12:00 PM ET||8:00 PM ET|
|June 24, 2016||12:00 PM ET||8:00 PM ET|
|June 25, 2016||12:00 PM ET||6:00 PM ET|
|June 26, 2016||12:00 PM ET||6:00 PM ET|
- PHOTO FORMAT AND CONTENT.
- Each submitted Photo:
- must be posted to Instagram;
- must be a photo of the Entrant at the Mini Market or a photo of any component of the Mini Market;
- must include the hashtag #minimoments;
- must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit,
disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content, including, but not limited to, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, violent, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct (including but not limited to the use of alcohol or drugs); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic);
- must contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons;
- may be submitted only once in each Prize Period;
- must be unique in each Prize Period; duplicate entries during the Contest Period will be subject to disqualification;
- must not have been used for another Contest;
- must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant or the Sponsor) nor give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever;
- must not contain commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services; any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos (other than the Sponsor);
- must not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and,
- must not contain any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
If you are using a Photo(s) depicting a person other than yourself, you must first obtain the permission of that person to use their image. The onus for obtaining such consent rests entirely with the Entrant. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for obtaining such consent or for use of posted Photos. Only Entries that comply with the foregoing requirements will be eligible to receive an Entry in the Contest. The sole determinant of when an entry was submitted shall be the Sponsor’s server machine(s).
- PRIZE PERIODS: The Contest Period will be divided into nine (9) prize periods (each a “Prize Period”) and are as follows:
PRIZE PERIOD START DATE & TIME END DATE & TIME 1 Starts at 5:00:00 PM ET on June 15, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 15, 2016 2 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 16, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 16, 2016 3 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 17, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 17, 2016 4 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 18, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 18, 2016 5 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 19, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 21, 2016 6 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 22, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 23, 2016 7 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 24, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 24, 2016 8 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 25, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 25, 2016 9 Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on June 26, 2016 Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on June 26, 2016
NOTE: Entries will not be carried over into the next Prize Period.
- PRIZES: There will be nine (9) prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period, with one (1) Prize awarded per Prize Period (see rule 7). Each Prize consists of a KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer available in the following colours: Guava glaze (Model #KSM3311XGU), Honeydew (Model #KSM3311XHW), Hot sauce (Model #KSM3311XHT), Orange sorbet (Model #KSM3311XBF), Twilight blue (Model #KSM3311XTB), Matte gray (Model #KSM3311XFG), Matte black (Model #KSM3311XBM) , Matte white (Model #KSM3311XFW), each having a value of $549.99 (CDN)(MSRP). Colour to be selected by the winner – subject to availability at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, is not for resale and has no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize or component of a prize of equal or greater value, without liability.
- PRIZE DRAWS: A total of nine (9) random draws will be held during the Contest Period; One (1) random draw will be held at 11:00 AM ET in Oakville, Ontario on the business day following each respective Prize Period End Date (see rule 7) from among all eligible Entries received for the applicable Prize Period to determine the selected entrant (the “Selected Entrant”). The odds of being selected as a Selected Entrant will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during each Prize Period. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period. If a Prize Period draw falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the Prize Period draw will be held on the next following business day.
- The Sponsor will attempt to contact each Selected Entrant by sending a direct message to the Selected Entrant’s Instagram account (the “Direct Message”) associated with the potential winning Entry within one (1) business day of the applicable Prize draw (see rule 8). The Selected Entrant associated with the Instagram Account will then be asked to reply by way of return Direct Message to provide his/her contact information including full name, email address, and telephone number within 24 hours so that a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) can be issued. If a Selected Entrant (a) does not reply by way of Direct Message with his/her contact information within 24 hours; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 10) or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 10), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected until such time as a Selected Entrant is declared a winner or there are no more eligible Entries for the applicable Prize Period, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
- To be declared the winner, the Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by email and/or telephone. Each Selected Entrant will also be required to sign and return within 24 hours of notification the Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents and associated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential Prize winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the potential Prize winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. Each Prize will be shipped to the applicable winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks of receipt and verification of his/her Release Form to the address shown on the Release Form (and subject to compliance with all other condition and requirements provided in these Official Rules).
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of the independent contest organization, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- By entering and/or accepting a Prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the
- All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- GENERAL: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility of any nature whatsoever and without limiting the generality of the forgoing, are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with the Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of Instagram during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder (defined below) of the Instagram account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is the natural person who is assigned to an account by Instagram. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the Instagram account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the applicable account. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a contestant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible Entries.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. The information you provided will only be used for the purpose of administering this Contest and prize fulfillment. For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/privacy-canada/.