The KitchenAid® Stand Mixer Attachment Contest
The KitchenAid® Stand Mixer Attachment Contest (“Contest”)
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS VALID IN CANADA ONLY, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, (AND IS OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE PERSONS, AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook Inc. Information is being provided to the Sponsor (defined below), not to Facebook Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook Inc. Your participation in this Contest must at all times comply with all applicable Facebook terms of service. In the event of any violation of such terms of service, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify you from the Contest.
This Contest is sponsored by Whirlpool Canada LP (the “Sponsor”).
- 1. Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:01am Eastern Time (“ET”), August 11, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm ET on August 26, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period there will be a total of two (2) random draws, each with a one week eligibility period (each an “Eligibility Period”).
2. Eligible Persons: To enter the Contest, you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec), be 18 years of age or older at time of entry and not be an employee of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, its media sponsors, or the third parties engaged by the Sponsor to assist it in administering the Contest or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, children and step-children, partner and/or spouse. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. How To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchase is not required to enter the Contest and will not improve your chances of winning. This Contest takes place on the social media application Facebook (“Facebook” or the “Application”), and requires you to have a valid user account with the social application to enter. Registration is free: download the application onto your computer, smart phone or tablet device and follow the onscreen instructions to register.
1) Log on to Facebook.com and either sign in if you are already a registered user or create an account. Then respond to the Facebook contest prompt on the KitchenAid Canada facebook page at www.facebook.com/KitchenAidCanada in the form of posting a comment/image, and Tag a Friend . You will be automatically entered into the Contest. Only one entry per Facebook account is permitted during each Eligibility Period. Sponsor does not guarantee the public posting of any entry and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to post your submission for any reason, including, but not limited to, if it contains any content that infringes upon the copyrights of any third parties or contains obscene, lewd or offensive language.
2) To enter without posting a comment/image, on a 3” x 5” (7.62 cm x 12.7 cm) piece of paper, hand-print your full name, complete address, e-mail address, daytime and evening telephone numbers (area codes included), and in 25 words or less tell us why you would like to own a KitchenAid® small appliance, and mail entry in a properly stamped #10 envelope to Whirlpool Canada LP, 200-6750 Century Avenue, Mississauga, ON, L5N 0B7. Attention: KitchenAid® Stand Mixer Contest. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the respective Eligibility Period end date (see chart below) and received no later than August 28, 2017 to be entered in the first random draw, and September 5, 2017 to be entered in the second random draw, to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person per Eligibility Period. Each mail-in entry from one household must be mailed separately.
By entering the Contest you: 1) represent and warrant that you own the content (avatar, text, profile, images and videos) and there are no other entities with ownership claims over it; 2) grant the Sponsor non-exclusive and non-revocable commercial right to reproduce the content in any form (including, but not limited to, video, internet posting, reproduction, display, email, publication, and distribution), either through our own services or services provided by third parties throughout the world in any medium now known or later developed and without restriction or limitation; 3) agree that your content may be used by Sponsor to create derivative works either alone or in conjunction with sketches, cartoons, captions, films, art work, textural matter or other photographs. While Sponsor will make commercially reasonable efforts to give you credit for your content and provide a link back to your Facebook account, you agree that such credit is not mandatory and your permission for us to use your content is not contingent upon such credit being given. You waive any right to inspect and/or approve the finished work incorporating the content or the advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use of which said finished work may be applied. Further, you waive any claims to royalties with regard to your content or our finished work.
Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, garbled, damaged, illegible or otherwise deficient or incompletely received for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures or errors of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of these Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the promotion without notice, for any reason, including, but not limited to lack of entrants, a virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention or force majeure, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor.
All entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry, Request and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by the Sponsor.
4. Random Draw:A total of two (2) random draws will take place during the Contest Period, consisting of one (1) random draw each per Eligibility Period, (see chart below) by an independent judging organization, from all eligible entries received during each respective Eligibility Period. The potential Prize winner of each random draw will be selected and then notified by way of email or Facebook message as identified through entry submission. In order to be declared the winner, selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question. The selected entrant will also be required to sign a form of Declaration and Release (“Release Form”) or otherwise confirm compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and release the Sponsor, its dealers, agents, affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the operation of this Contest and use of the Prize. Prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the Prize and from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the entry. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize may be forfeited. Upon receipt of the completed Release Form, the Sponsor, or its representative, will inform winner of details related to how the winner will receive the Prize.
Eligibility Periods: There will be two (2) Eligibility Periods during the Contest Period, as follows:
Eligibility Period 1:
- Starts at 12:01 AM ET on August 11, 2017
- Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 18, 2017
- Draw Date: August 27, 2017
Eligibility Period 2:
- Starts at 12:00:00 AM ET on August 19, 2017
- Ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 26, 2017
- Draw Date: September 6, 2017
NOTE: Entries from Eligibility Period 1 WILL NOT be carried over into Eligibility Period 2, however, an entrant may enter once during each Eligibility Period.
5. If, after 3 attempts by Sponsor, within a period of 5 business days, Sponsor is not able to contact the potential Prize winner or the selected entrant has not responded to Sponsor’s notification of entrant’s selection within 24 hours of the last notification communication, or if the potential Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may select an alternate potential Prize winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor may select up to three (3) alternate Prize winners; thereafter, if a potential Prize winner cannot be verified in accordance with these Official Rules, the Prize will not be awarded. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize: There will be two (2) Prizes available to be won, one by each declared winner, consisting of declared winner’s choice of one of the following KitchenAid® Stand Mixer Attachments (“Prize”):
A Heated Chef’s Bowl, Model KSM1CBT (valued at $359.99 MSRP); or,
A Slow Juicer Attachment, Model KSM1JA (valued at 289.99 MSRP); or,
A Food Prep Slice & Shredder, Model KSM1FPA (valued at $319.99 MSRP); or,
A Pasta Roller/Cutter set, Model KFETPRA (valued at $174.99 MSRP): or,
A Roller, Model KPRA (valued at $279.99).
Prize includes delivery to one location in Canada. Allow Eight (8) weeks after notification for delivery of Prize. All fees and other taxes relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the Prize are the responsibility of the winner. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, or will be forfeited. The Prize is not transferable, assignable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value. Fulfillment of Prize is based on availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded as described, for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value.
7. Release: By entering the Contest, each winning entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, his/her name, photograph and likeness, address (city/town, province or territory), voice, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest or Prize awarded in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation.
8. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest.
9. Disputes: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder (defined below) of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is: (a) assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address with the selected entry. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
10. Property:All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. This Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS EXPRESSLY NOT OPEN TO PARTICIPATION BY RESIDENTS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN CANADA.
(R)/TM (C) KitchenAid. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.