KitchenAid Kitchen Revolution Facebook Contests
The “KitchenAid Kitchen Revolution Facebook Contests”
RULES AND REGULATIONS (“RULES”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: The “KitchenAid “Kitchen Revolution” Facebook Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Whirlpool Corporation (the “Sponsor”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest, you must be a legal resident of Canada, be at least the age of majority at time of entry in the Province or Territory in which you reside and not be an employee of the Sponsor, its affiliated companies or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, its media sponsors, or the third parties engaged by the Sponsor to assist it in administering the Contest or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner and/or spouse. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: There are a total of three (3) Contest Periods, each with a one week eligibility period, which can be entered on www.facebook.com/KitchenAidCanada. Each Contest is one week is one week in duration with the first Contest beginning May 22, 2015 and the third Contest closing June 12, 2015 (the “Kitchen Revolution” Facebook Contest Period). The KitchenAid “Kitchen Revolution” Facebook Contest Period is divided into (3) Contest Periods (each a “Contest Period”), as follows:
Contest Period 1: Begins at 12:00:00 PM ET on May 22, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on May 29, 2015.
Contest Period 2: Begins at 12:00:00 PM ET on May 29, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on June 5, 2015.
Contest Period 3: Begins at 12:00:00 PM ET on June 5, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on June 12, 2015.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
4. COMMENT FORMAT AND CONTENT:
(A) Your answer must answer the question posed by KitchenAid Canada at the beginning of each Contest Period,
I.e. ‘How many other ranges have this feature’
(B) Limit of one (1) entry per Facebook account per person per Contest Period. Anyone found to use fake or multiple accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible to participate in the Contest. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification from the Contest. In the event an entrant responds with inappropriate content, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified from the Contest. Anyone found “spamming” by posting multiple unrelated comments or pictures that are unrelated to the #KitchenRevolution or by sending large numbers of duplicate comments unrelated to the Contest will be disqualified from the Contest. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned a Facebook account by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Facebook accounts for the domain associated with the submitted Facebook account. The selected entrant(s) may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the selected entry name change. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
(C) Must be in English or French.
(D) Must contain the hashtag #KitchenRevolution must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any offensive, obscene, immoral or illegal depictions.
(E) Must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13.
(F) Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content; including, but not limited to, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct (including but not limited to the use of alcohol or drugs); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic).
(G) Must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant)
(H) Must not contain any third party trademarks or logos
(I) Must not violate any law
There will be one (1) Prize available to be won per Contest, for a total of three (3) Prizes during the KitchenAid “Kitchen Revolution” Facebook Contest Period (each “the Prize”), as follows:
Contest Period 1: One (1) KitchenAid(r) 30-inch Front-Control Range, Choice of Gas (KSG700ESS, valued at $2,699.99 MSRP) or Electric (YKSEG700SS, valued at $2,399.99 MSRP
Contest Period 2: One (1) KichenAid® 44 dBA Dishwasher with Dynamic Wash Arms (KDTM404ESS) valued at $1,899.99 MSRP
Contest Period 3: One (1) KitchenAid®25.8 Cu. Ft. 36″ Multi-Door Freestanding Refrigerator with Platinum Interior Design valued at $4,699.99 MSRP.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, or will be forfeited. The Prize is not transferable, not assignable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value (in whole or in part). Fulfillment of Prize is based on availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded as described, in whole or in part, for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability. Prize includes delivery to one location in Canada. Any installation of Prize, removal of existing appliances, or any other costs or expenses associated with the Prize, including required utility hook-up and or space reconfigurations will the responsibility of the winner.
6. RANDOM DRAWS: There will be one (1) random draw per Contest Period for a total of three (3) draws that will occur in Toronto, by an independent judging organization, from all eligible entries received during each respective Contest Period. Each selected entrant must confirm eligibility for the Prize as described in Rule #1.
Random draws for each Contest Period will occur as follows:
Contest Period 1: Draw will be held on May 29th, 2015 at approximately 2:00 PM ET
Contest Period 2: Draw will be held on June 5th, 2015 at approximately 2:00 PM ET
Contest Period 3: Draw will be held on June 12th, 2015 at approximately 2:00 PM ET
Odds of winning each Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by 11:59:59 AM ET on the last date of each respective Contest Periods. An entrant may only win one Prize during the Contest Period.
7. AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: The Sponsor will attempt to contact the selected entrant by replying to their winning entry on Facebook within 24 hours of being selected. The selected entrant must then send a private message to KitchenAid Canada on Facebook to confirm identity and administer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question. If the skill-testing question is correctly answered, a declaration and release form (the “Release Form”) will be issued for completion by the selected entrant in order to confirm that entrant has abided by all the Rules. If the selected entrant (a) does not respond within two (2) business day of notification (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 8); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 8), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected by the same process until such time as a winner is declared or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
8. The selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its dealers, agents, affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the operation of this Contest and use of the Prize. The Prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the Prize and from and against any and all claims. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize may be forfeited. Upon receipt, Sponsor, or its representative, will inform the winner of details related to how the winner will receive the Prize.
9. The Releasees shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from any entry, Prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason, including but not limited to: (i) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (ii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent or received to or from the Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (iii) for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the website where this Contest was featured, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature, howsoever caused; (v) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vi) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (viii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (ix) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (x) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
10. By entering the Contest, winner hereby grants to the Sponsor the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, his/her name, photograph and likeness, address (city/town, province or territory), voice, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest, Prize awarded in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual that it finds to be violating these Rules or tampering with the entry process. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest, suspend the Contest or to amend these Rules at any time without notice if any factor interferes with the proper conduct of the Contest as contemplated by these official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the entry.
12. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder (defined below) of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is: (a) assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address with the selected entry. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
13. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest or change these Rules for any reason, at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice to entrants, including but not limited to lack of entrants, a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupting the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrant. The Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. This Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS EXPRESSLY NOT OPEN TO PARTICIPATION BY RESIDENTS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN CANADA.
16. For Québec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
®/™ © 2015. KitchenAid. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.
+MSRP is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Dealer prices may vary.
®/™ © KitchenAid 2015. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.
No purchase necessary. Open only to legal residents of Canada who are at least age of majority. There are a total of 3 Contests, to be entered on http://facebook.com/KitchenAidCanada; with the first Contests beginning May 22, 2015 and the third Contests closing June 12, 2015. One (1) KitchenAid(r) 30-inch Front-Control Range, Choice of Gas (KSG700ESS, valued at $2,699.99 MSRP) or Electric (YKSEG700SS), valued at $2,399.99 MSRP. One (1) KichenAid® 44 dBA Dishwasher with Dynamic Wash Arms (KDTM404ESS) valued at $1,899.99 MSRP. One (1) KitchenAid®25.8 Cu. Ft. 36″ Multi-Door Freestanding Refrigerator with Platinum Interior Design valued at $4,699.99 MSRP.
are available to be won. In order to win, a mathematical skill-testing question must be answered correctly. Odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon total number of eligible entries received during each of the Contest Periods on Facebook. Limit of one (1) entry per Facebook account per person per Contest Period. Whirlpool Corporation (the “Sponsor”) at its option, may substitute the Prize if unavailable, or cannot be awarded for whatever reason, for equivalent or greater value. Visit www.blog.kitchenaid.ca for full contest rules and regulations.
†MSRP is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Dealer prices may vary. Dealer alone has sole discretion to set retail prices. Dealer may sell for less.